Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Adventures in Pork Vol. 1: Birthday Feast

We are going to The Publican for my birthday. I am excited. Here is an e-mail I just sent them:

Hello,
My wife and I will be celebrating my birthday at the Publican on Friday June 19th. I'm very excited. You see, I like pork...a lot. As well, as everything else on your menu. I've been looking forward to going to the restaurant since I heard rumors about it's conception. So, in the interest of maximizing my experience I have a question: I see there is no tasting menu, so what would be the best way to replicate this experience including beer sampling? I'm sure the waitstaff is quite knowledgeable, but I thought it worth asking ahead of time to see if there is any sort of chef-guided course I could take in creating an epic birthday feast. Thanks for humoring me.


I will keep you abreast of the situation.

1 comment:

  1. that's hilarious! I hope you have fun! I'm actually going there on Saturday, as I have some buddies coming to town. I've been there once, but got really drunk while waiting for a table. This time around, I made a reservation.

    Oh, and I love the piggie picture.

    ReplyDelete